Past Event←click this
Suizenji Ezu Lake Park Cleanup Activity
By the request from Kumamoto-city Landscape Constructors Association,
students, teachers and staff of the member campuses cleaned the park.
They contribute to the beautification of Kumamoto every year.
Saturday, July 8th, 2017, 10:00am-11:45am
Location: Suizenji Ezu Lake Park
(1) Removing waterweed from the lake (2) Picking up litter in the park
Otemoyan Dance Contest
Japanese and international students enjoy the Otemoyan dance and
the Samba Otemoyan, and walk along the central city of Kumamoto
wearing the red Happi jackets.
Saturday, August 5th, 2017, 7:10pm –
Location: Downtown, Kumamoto
(1) Dance practice with local instructors is held beforehand.
(2) All participants wear the red Happi jacket :
Balloon release and dancing together on the day.
One-day Cultural Trip to Hitoyoshi
International students visit the National Treasure “Aoi Aso Shrine” and Kuma
Shochu Brewery. They learn the history of Hitoyoshi and how to make Kuma Shochu.
Sunday, November 19th, 2017, 9:00am – 17:00
Location: Hitoyoshi city, Kumamoto
(1) Visiting to Kuma-Shochu Murseum and National Treasure “Aoi Aso Shrine”
(2) learning how to Shochu and the history in Kumamoto
Wa no Kokoro de Omotenashi ~ Traditional Japanese cultural experience
International students experience to making traditional local food with
Japanese students. They also enjoy making Mizuhiki crafts together.
Sunday, October 1st, 2017, 9:00am – 18:00
Location: Kuhonji campus in Shokei University, Kumamoto
(1) Making Japanese sweets and Dago jiru
(2) Workshop of Mizuhiki craft
Wa no Kokoro de Omotenashi ~ One-day Cultural Trip to Yamaga
International students visit the historical theater “Yachiyoza” and Prefectural
Decorated Ancient Tombs Hall. They enjoy looking around in Yamaga city and learned the the history of Kumamoto.
Saturday, October 7th, 2017, 9:00am – 18:00
Location: Yamaga city, Kumamoto
(1) Looking around Yachiyoza and Prefectural Decorated Ancient Tombs Hall
(2) the lecture of the history of rice in Yamaga